Vomiting of bile in a child: causes, treatment
Vomiting of bile in a child can be caused by differentcauses: malnutrition, problems with the intestines, gall bladder, liver, as well as hepatitis or viral diseases. Be that as it may, vomiting is an alarming signal. That parents could understand, what reasons of this phenomenon, it is necessary precisely to know, that the child ate during the last days.
Briefly about the process
Reflex protective reactions of the bodyare vomiting and nausea. It is they that contribute to the cleansing of the digestive tract from substances that are dangerous to the health of the baby. A crumb can develop an attack of severe nausea, even if the substances that poison him get into the body, for example, through the lungs.
Vomiting of bile in a child can be a symptomsuch diseases as cholecystitis and gastritis. Whatever the cause of this condition, parents need to see a doctor right away. In particular, this applies to cases where adults are unable to determine the cause of such an attack on their own. Or in the case when the child has a fever, and nausea and vomiting are intense.
The doctor with a high probability of the nature of vomit, to which parents should pay close attention, will be able to determine the possible causes of this condition.
Why does vomiting occur in babies?
Vomiting of bile in a child occurs for completely different reasons, therefore, before starting treatment, it is necessary to understand what caused it. It can be:
- viral hepatitis. In the acute stage there is a loose stool; the virus has a negative effect on the liver and bile ducts of the child;
- incorrect operation of the gallbladder, whose provocators are cholecystitis and cholelithiasis (a significant amount of bile is sent to the stomach and causes a vomitive reflex);
- poisoning the baby. A child can pull anything into his mouth (so in his body stale foods, bacteria, harmful substances get to him);
- intestinal infections. The organism includes a reflex of protection, as a result of which the stomach must be urgently emptied. The extra bile enters the stomach and when there is no food in it, it also leaves;
- malnutrition is the most commoncause. Vomiting can be caused by the use of fatty and spicy dishes, a violation of diet. In the body of a youngster, such food is simply not digested. Therefore, first it rotates in the stomach, and then comes out with vomit.
That's why parents need to carefully monitor the health of their babies, so in case of need to promptly turn to doctors for help.
How to help the baby with vomiting?
For parents, the situation whenbegins vomiting in the child bile. What to do in this case? How to ease the condition of the baby? What actions should be taken first? There is a general algorithm of behavior in this situation.
- At once to address for the help to the doctor, having in detail described to it a status of the child.
- Calm the crumbs, and also pull yourself together and stay cool.
- Do not interrupt the emetic process by giving the babycompletely free the stomach from the contents. Not all doctors recommend this action, because the gastric mucosa is already inflamed. In any case, if the parents decided to do the washing, in no case should you use manganese!
- Give the child to drink activated charcoal (or any other choice of absorbent drug) and one or two glasses of water.
- Put the baby in the crib.
- If some time has passed and the attack has repeated, it is possible to offer the baby water with the addition of half a teaspoon of salt to a glass of water (or soda at the tip of the knife).
- After vomiting for the next 6-12 hours, do not allow the baby to eat (unless the doctor has suggested otherwise).
- Do not leave the child alone.
These simple rules will make it possible at least a little to ease the condition of the youngster and will allow you to calmly wait for the doctor to arrive.
Temperature and diarrhea
Vomiting of bile in a child without fever can not greatly disturb parents, do not cause them suspicion of the presence of any dangerous condition. But it is not so.
If vomiting is not accompaniedviolation of the stool, this indicates that there are no lesions of the intestine. This condition is typical for diseases of the upper parts of the digestive system, for example, the esophagus or stomach, poisonings, endocrine diseases, CNS pathology.
Vomiting of bile in a child with fever, accompanied by diarrhea, can occur with food poisoning or non-infectious diseases of the intestine.
Fever, GI loss or something else?
Vomiting of bile in a child, temperature, diarrhea - thesesymptoms indicate, as a rule, the development of intestinal infection. However, the same set can be caused by the use of the baby of some products. After all, the carp, who have not yet celebrated their third birthday, the intestine is not fully ripe. Therefore, the food that is easily tolerated by older children, for younger children, causes fever and dyspepsia.
If the vomiting of the baby is combined with a fever, thissays not only about the defeat of the gastrointestinal tract. This can occur with acetone and meningitis. If the baby is younger than 7 years, the vomiting of the bile in the child can manifest along with an increased body temperature, without affecting the digestive system or the brain. It happens at the peak of the temperature rise, as a rule, once.
Vomiting of bile and diarrhea in the babycan cause dehydration.That this does not happen, it is necessary to give him to drink more water. But many can not drink right away, because it will cause a second attack, because the walls of the stomach of the youngster are already irritated.
You can give your baby a drink of glucose solution orsalts of pharmaceutical powders. Such a solution any mother can do herself. You just have to mix sugar, salt and soda. These substances in small amounts dissolve in a glass with water. Drink the solution 1 time in ten minutes on a teaspoonful.
So, vomiting in a baby can start as a result ofdiseases of the liver and gallbladder, as well as poisoning of poor-quality food, which does not yet fit the crumb in terms of age. Therefore, parents are obliged to closely monitor the baby's diet and on time to undergo all preventive examinations at the pediatrician.
Do not treat a baby without a doctor.In fact if the vomiting will be repeated and will cause loss of consciousness or dehydration, it is necessary to hospitalize the kid urgently in a hospital. And before you offer a child to drink this or that drug, it is better to consult a doctor.