How to use DWS Windows 10?
Release of the new version of the Windows operating system10 caused a lot of disputes about privacy and a lot of "anti-spyware" applications. These software solutions promise to protect users from "shadowing", but often can cause more problems than solve.
These types of tools include Destroy Windows Spying (DWS Windows 10). ThisThe privacy protection program comes with many options.The "Privacy" tab is the most useful section of the program, in which the settings are expanded, and all you need to do is to remove or check the box next to each item.
DWS Windows 10 - what is it and how does it work?
Experts differ in the evaluation of the usefulness of the dataapplications, but all converge in one: the functional of these programs does not bring something new to the operating system, but it can seriously disrupt the normal processes.
A generally accepted recommendation is yourselfchange the privacy settings using the usual settings in Windows. External tools can cause various system problems and disrupt the work of the user's personal computer.
What do anti-spyware and scripts promise?
The developers promise only a few clicks to stop the "spying" of Microsoft as follows:
- change the basic settings;
- blocking web addresses in the hosts file and fault-tolerant remote services included in the operating system.
Developers in the description of the software solution enumerate the following advantages:
- very fast work speed thanks to optimized algorithmic solutions;
- a large audience - millions of users use this program and help to improve it, supplementing the source code;
- the program has advanced settings that allow you to additionally configure the removal of espionage;
- high efficiency;
- ban and activation of updates;
- constant updating;
- disabling the defender;
- blocking of IP-addresses;
- removal of Metro applications;
- open source.
In the updated version of DWS Destroy Windows 10 Spying implemented the following improvements:
- fixed bugs;
- code is optimized;
- deleted operating system updates that violate the privacy of users.
Problem with Windows 10 Antispy tools DWS
Applications of this type can cause many problems. These include:
- Full blocking of Windows Update.
- Prevent installation of important security updates.
- Vulnerability of your PC.
- Violations of the hosts file for lockingCertain Microsoft web servers result in various problems. For example, the Skype application does not synchronize chat messages and does not download updates.
- Violation of the Windows Store, preventing the installation of applications and updating of the included applications.
- Disabling antivirus Defender, which helps maintain the security of the operating system and other necessary system components, for example, OneDrive.
For example, if you downloaded the PowerShell script"Windows-10" from GitHub and launched it, the tool will block various Skype domains in your hosts file, which allows the application to work incorrectly. It can also remove various services from Windows, and not just disable them.
When you load DWS, you can see that the applicationdisables Windows Update so that the PC does not receive updates to new "spyware" programs. The tool also notes that the changes made are irreversible, so there is no easy way to undo them without reinstalling Windows. This means that you will not receive important security updates and stability fixes for problems such as a broken webcam, for example. These are just a few of the major problems that can be detected by a quick glance at the service toolkit.
Violation of the regular work of the PC
Below is a list of changes made by DWS. These include the removal and deactivation of the following components:
- keylogger and telemetry;
- some diagnostic services and Windows Media;
- Windows Telemetry;
- blocks the inclusion of MRT in Windows Update from the registry.
- Adding spy domains to the hosts file and blocking in the Windows firewall:
- blocks Microsoft's telemetry URLs from the hosts file, as well as Microsoft's IP telemetry from the firewall and routing table.
DWS disables personal settings:
- Disabled Cortana;
- Camera on LockScreen;
- biometrics from the registry;
- Web search Bing;
- password confirmation button and sensors;
- localization service.
The DWS Lite version of Windows 10 disables the following security features:
- Windows Defender from the registry;
- automatic submission of samples of malicious programs;
- recording of malicious programs;
- Smart Screen filter.
Disabling tracking in Windows 10 DWS from Task Scheduler:
- Media Center Discovery;
- service telemetry;
- Customer Experience;
- service WinSAT.
Customization and technical features
Portable application can be run on computers running 7, 8 and 10 versions with the architecture of Windows 10 DWS x86 and x64.
After accessing the main window, you need toactivate the program to stop all processes associated with tracking activity. This is reflected in the log files, which can be checked by everyone who is interested in all the tasks that are being performed, but users have no control over these actions.
Another convenient feature of Windows 10 DWS x64 isthat the program offers the opportunity to get rid of several pre-installed programs - XBox, Solitaire, OneDrive, Mail, Calendar, People or Builder 3D, as well as various media tools (news, weather or sports).
In the application launcher, you need to check the box corresponding to each of these applications, and wait until DWS Windows 10 automatically deletes them.
Clearing and deleting the hosts file
This utility allows you to access the hosts file from a computer running Windows 10 or delete all its contents.
In addition, this allows you to accessprivacy settings directly from this application and manually disable any further settings. The disadvantage of this method is that it is necessary to be a highly qualified user to make sure that these actions are safe.
The latest version of DWS Windows 10 canused by anyone who is concerned about privacy when using Windows 10. This release of the application does not come with many customizable features, and thus it is more suitable for novice users because they just need to click the button and disable tracking.
Customizing security settings
Some applications, such as Windows 10Antispy DWS, can work fine, but most tools and scripts are harmful and dangerous, albeit to varying degrees. Often, if the operating system fails, you must restart or reinstall Windows 10. Since the anti-slip program is not an unambiguous solution, you can configure privacy settings yourself.
Some settings are not available forThe reason is that the user does not have to completely disable Windows Update, because security updates are critical. Also it is inadmissible to completely disable telemetry in home or professional OS versions. Many tools set the "Allow Telemetry" parameter to zero. This works only in the editions of Enterprise and Education Windows 10.
In other cases, Microsoft can easily bypass thesechanges. Windows 10 actually ignores the hosts file for certain domains, which means that trying to block domains in your hosts file will not actually do anything. Thus, tools and scripts against espionage do not correspond to their promises.
Control of OS
Windows 10 has many new features, but at the same time there is a leak of confidential data that sends personal information about the use of a personal computer in Microsoft.Of course, these settings can be turned off at any time, but the main task that users face is to find them.
Windows 10 offers many features for the convenience of the user, such as the virtual assistant Cortana, which can facilitate everyday life.To make this possible, the operating system must collect huge amounts of data. OSAlso analyzes user profiles and defaultsis configured to collect a large amount of data.
When extending control over your operating system, do the following:
- adapt your security settings;
- protect your privacy;
- turn off location control services;
- manage Windows updates;
- Do not transmit user data and diagnostics.